Quick, easy, delicious! Don’t like meat? Use lentils. Enjoy x
1 tablespoon of oil
1 tablespoon of freshly grated ginger
1 stalk of lemon grass finely chopped
2 fresh red chillies finely chopped
500g of chicken mince
3 tablespoons of fresh lemon or lime juice
1 tablespoon of fish sauce
¼ cup of chopped peanuts
¼ red onion finely sliced
1 handful each of fresh mint and coriander roughly chopped
Dash of soy sauce
Iceberg lettuce, leaves left whole
– In a bowl combine onion, peanuts and herbs, set aside.
– In another bowl combine lime juice, fish sauce and a good dash of soy sauce (I think I used about a tablespoon, maybe slightly less), set aside.
– Heat the oil in a pan and add ginger, lemon grass chillies and garlic. Stirfry until just starting to cook and add chicken.
– Fry chicken until cooked and there are some golden bits. Then remove from heat and add to the bowl. Pour over the sauce and stir.
– Serve in lettuce cups or alternatively shred the lettuce and mix with the chicken mixture.