Why come to The Wellness Room instead of another practice?
– We are WELLNESS focused not DISEASE focused.
– At The Wellness Room we only use evidence based natural medicine.
– We are 100% focused on you, that’s right it’s all about you! We will give you all the resources and help that you need, and if we can’t we’ll refer you on to the person that can.
– I am a real person, not a superhero practitioner. I’ve had my own health issues, I enjoy coffee, sometimes I forget to exercise. I’m not perfect, I’m real. Therefore my practice is for real people. Treatments are realistic and achievable and designed to suit you.
– I walk the talk! Anything I ask you to do, I’ve done myself.
– I have educated some of the best wellness practitioners in New Zealand.
Why come and see a practitioner? Can’t I just take supplements from the supermarket or pharmacy?
The benefits of coming and seeing a practitioner in comparison to buying supplements over the counter will make a big difference, here’s why:
– You can ensure you are getting supplements that will suit you, they will have the right dose, be chosen to ensure they don’t interact with medications you may be taking and they will contain ingredients you actually need.
– The quality of the supplements you get from your practitioner are the best, not all supplements are created equal so it’s important to ensure you’re taking the good ones.
– You don’t get the dietary and lifestyle guidance in a retail environment that you do from your practitioner. The in clinic support you will get at The Wellness Room will make up a very large percent of your plan and is more important that the supplements you take.
What do I need to do before my first consultation?
You should have received a welcome pack detailing what needs to be done. If you haven’t received this within 3-4 days of making your appointment, please call the practice so that this can be sent out to you. If you have had any blood tests, scans or any other tests done in the last 12 months then please bring a copy of these to your consultation.
Is a referral necessary?
No referral is necessary to come to The Wellness Room, however we do currently have a waiting list so we may not be able to get you in the next day. However please call us and we will see what we can do.
Can I come to The Wellness Room if I’m sick?
If you have a cold or flu, an attack of hay fever or you’re feeling generally unwell then absolutely. There are many things we can give you to help treat acute symptoms and get you on the road to recovery quickly. If you have a vomiting or diarrhoea bug we suggest that you stay at home and drink lots of fluids, seek medical attention from your GP if it doesn’t pass.